It’s that time of year, kids, when all good men come to the aid of keeping one another sane. Here’s what has me going today:
I saw you in my bankruptcy class. I was so distracted by you that I could barely pay attention to the riveting lecture about the history of bankruptcy law. I imagine that you are a creditor and I am a bankrupt and I will have to work off my debt for you or risk debtor’s prison. You can have whatever you want; no state law exemptions. I want you to declare bankruptcy all over me.
I am sick of ending my nights pro se. I promise if you entertain my claim that you will have a huge judgment entered in your favor over and over again. We can even violate the Model Rule of Professional Responsibility and engage in a 108(j).
My interests include hilarious law-based puns; and mocking others. If you think we are a match, let’s grab a drink after class. I know it’s a weeknight but my parents let me stay out as late as I want to as long as I call by 11pm to check in with them.
P.S. I am neither the ginger nor the weird guy next to you.
A little bit of poetry, just for the hell of it:
Dear Harper Lib,
Coddle me while I outline
Over JT and Pollo Rico
You’ve got all that I seek, so –
Curled up on Tax notes
It’s to you that I totes
Come for peace and to hide
O beloved Harper Lib.
And, best of all, FedSoc announced its annual student conference, and this year Mason’s making t-shirts to prepare for our ROAD TRIP! “Mason Supports the [Vast Right Wing] Conspiracy — Road Trip 2010”! Here’s part of FedSoc’s fantastic line-up:
- Bill Kristol, Editor, The Weekly Standard
- Michael McConnell, Stanford Law School, former judge, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals (also here)
- Paul Clement, King & Spalding, former Solicitor General
- Judge Raymond Randolph, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- Saikrishna Prakash, University of San Diego School of Law
- Randy Barnett, Georgetown University Law Center (squee!)
- John McGinnis, Northwestern University School of Law
- David Strauss, University of Chicago Law School
- Jeffrey Rosen, George Washington University Law School
- Kermit Roosevelt, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Stephanos Bibas, University of Pennsylvania Law School (great speech, here)
- Jeffrey Fisher, Stanford Law School
- Mike Rappaport, University of San Diego School of Law
- Caleb Nelson, University of Virginia Law School
- Lino Graglia, University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- Steve Calabresi, Northwestern University School of Law
- John Harrison, University of Virginia Law School
- Richard Fallon, Harvard Law School
- Amy Wax, University of Pennsylvania Law School (who spoke at Mason last year and knocked everyone’s socks off)
- Christopher Yoo, University of Pennsylvania Law School